Monday, November 25, 2013

Hair Trends for 2014


So what kind of locks are in this season?

1. Punk/Gothic 
Edgy pixie cuts, angled bobs, and dark colors are definitely in right now. You don't have to go all out goth... Just try out a raven black, dark blue, or a jagged cut. Dark smokey eyes and black lipstick helps achieve this look, too.
You can still achieve this look with light hair!
Be punk and glamorous at the same time!


2. The Ombre Effect
We've all heard of this one before... If you haven't, you might as well live under a rock. Just in case you do, I'll explain the ombre effect. Ombre is referring to a color gradient, in which a color slowly goes  from a dark to a light shade. Sometimes, people also do reverse ombre, when their hair color starts lighter at the roots and gets darker when it goes down. This is a super cute style, but some people (including me) are getting sort of tired of this trend. I'll show you a way to spice it up later. Remember- Ombre is pretty low maintenance if you want to get your hair dyed. It only damages the ends, so you can always get rid of it by getting a haircut. You also don't have to get it redone every few weeks if your roots are growing back, because this style already utilizes your natural color.

I love fiery red ombre!

3. Neon Colors
If you are crazy like me, you might consider going for an unnatural hair color. I personally would not dye my whole head a neon color, but maybe go for an ombre effect, so that it would be a more subtle style. If you are going to do this for the first time, I recommend non-permanent dyes like hair chalks to make sure you like your hair like this. It is a pretty drastic change. Some may cringe at the thought, but I think that it would be an interesting way to change it up and express yourself.
People with light hair often go for faded pastel colors
OMG I LOVE THIS PURPLE HAIRRRR

                                         

4. Classic Red Head
I love love love red hair. It can be fun, classic, elegant, and also daring at the same time. I can't even explain, so just look.
Ariana and her classic red velvet hair

Rihanna was a fun and flirty red head


Of course, Emma Stone
Florence Welch

5.  Honey Blonde
I CANNOT pull off blonde hair. But, for those of you who can, take advantage of the honey blonde highlights in your hair. I love 'em. Here are some fashionable celebs rocking their honey blonde strands.


The super gorgeous Scarlett Johansson

And of course, Jen Lawrence!


Let me know what you think of this and comment below :) I really want to dye my hair purple, but what if it gets messed up? Leave comments and help me through this hair dilemma!

1 comment: