Thursday, November 21, 2013

Easy Nail Ideas

I have a confession to make- I cannot do my nails! I can hardly paint them a solid color. Whenever I try to paint my nails, disaster strikes. I'm really impatient and I don't let them dry properly. Then, they get ruined. I proceed to try to fix them, but it only makes things worse. This cycle is followed down to the last detail every time I want to put on some nail polish.

I have been researching on easy nail art ideas (ones that I might have a chance at executing nicely) and I realized that there is still hope for people like me. Whenever I have some free time, I'm going to sit down and try these out.

1) Galaxy

These are super cute and also seemingly easy to pull off. All you need is a black , pink/purple, blue, grey, and silver glitter polishes and a foundation sponge for application. Apply two coats of black to your nails. Put a small amount of blue polish to the foundation sponge and began dabbing it on until it is blended well on the nail. Do the same with the grey and pink, and go over any nail with a color that has been blotted out. Make sure everything is blended. At this point, you shouldn't be able to tell where the colors begin and end. Once this is dry, apply a layer of silver glitter. Now, you are set! Super easy and the product is fabulous!

2) Stair-Step
cloud nails
This nail art is also great for beginners. It requires no nail art tools, and no art skills. Keep in mind that you can use any colors you'd like, including darker and metallic colors for a more sophisticated look. Apply two coats of the color you want on the back of the nail (it will show the most) on the entire nail. Once this layer is dry, take the color you want in the middle of the design (only a little will peek through) and apply it to the nail in a stair-step like fashion. To achieve this, move a little closer to your nail tip so the color you applied just before will be visible in the design.Start from one end of the nail and do a long stroke. Then, next to it, do a shorter stroke, and next to that, an even shorter stroke. Fill in the stair-like shape to the tip of the nail. Now, take the last color you want to use (at the tip of the nail) and make another stair shape over the middle layer. Keep it shorter, so some of the middle layer is visible. Add a top coat, and there you go! An easy way to create a fun and interesting design.

3. Half Moon
half moon mani
For this, you will need two colors, one for the half-moon shape, and one for the rest of the nail. You will also need circular stickers. Apparently you can get them at office supply stores or office supply isles at a grocery store. It's really hard to explain so I took a terrible picture (below) so that you could understand. I think that any circular sticker with a similar size would work.
First, paint your nail completely the color that you want your half-moon to be. After it is totally dry, apply the sticker to the bottom of the nail for a perfect half- circle shape. Now, apply your second color over it. Use the sticker to your advantage. It's okay to get polish on the outer edge of the sticker. Just make sure that the color covers from the tip of the nail to the sticker's outer edge. Wait a couple of minutes until the second color you applied is almost dry, but still sticky. Now, pull of the sticker to reveal the perfect half-moon shape! Apply a top coat, and you have a professional-looking mani!

4. Cornered French Tip
This literally takes a couple of swipes of nail polish, and you are good to go!I think it's a cute twist on a French Manicure. Again, you can change up the colors however you would like to. First, apply a sold base coat. Once this is dry, go in with your second color (in this case, pink.) Start from the edge of the nail, and swipe to the center. Do this for both sides. Make sure to be fast, so that the lines have a smooth feel. Then, go in with the darker color and do the same, but a little below the first tip you made to it peeks through. Fill it in at the tip and viola! Super adorable!

Ok, I seriously need to try all of these! I can't believe how simple they are to do! I got all of the ideas from a Youtuber/ blogger called MissJenFabulous. She does nails and beauty tutorials. Check out her blog at polishandpearls.com! Let me know what you think of these designs and feel free to try them out!


2 comments:

  1. I love watching Miss Jen Fabulous. her nail art designs are so cool and easy to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all look so fancy. I can never do anything beyond the basic color and maybe some sparkle if I'm feeling adventurous.

    ReplyDelete