Monday, April 14, 2014

LLLLAAANNNNAAAA



Heyyyyyyy! I haven't blogged in a while so it's only fitting that my post be about something- well someone- I'm crazy about- LANA DEL REY! I don't think you understand how obsessed I am. I might need medical help... I'm hyperventilating as I'm writing this because Lana's concert is tomorrow and I have tickets! I am so excited! I am actually going to see her in person! I realize at this point that many of you may not be familiar with Lana Del Rey.

I'm gonna cry


Elizabeth Grant, also known by her stage name of Lana Del Rey, was born in New York City on June 21, 1986. She started writing songs at age 18, but was discovered later on in life and went on to release albums such as Lana Del Ray and Born to Die. Her next album (which I am SO excited about!), Ultraviolence, is set to come out this May.

I'm gonna cry AGAIN

Lana Del Rey is known for her old-Hollywood style and smooth, sultry voice. Her sound has been called 'smoky' and 'gravely' by critics and has also been compared to Marilyn Monroe. Personally, I love her unique sound. I feel that her voice along with her musical style makes for meaningful, rich, and catchy songs. She also takes part in writing her songs and editing her music videos.

Lana Del Rey in her music video for Young and Beautiful
Lana has also done some modeling through her career, releasing a promotional cover of Blue Velvet and working with H&M. She has also worked with Jaguar to endorse their new F-Type, called Desire. She also released a song Young and Beautiful for the motion picture The Great Gatsby, and has recently come out with her single Once Upon a Dream for the upcoming movie Maleficent.
Lana Del Rey for H&M
Other stuff Lana is known for:
1. HER LIPS THO
2. Being super nice to her fans
3. Laughing while singing on stage
4. Letting her fans hug her during concerts
5. Keeping things you throw on stage
6. Loving Elvis and Marilyn
7. HER EYELINER
8. Her classiness 
9. Her bubbly personality
10. RED (lips, nails)

If you aren't familiar with Lana, listen to some of my favorites. You either love her or hate her, and you won't know which one until you listen to her songs!

Lolita



Diet Mountain Dew



American



Without You 

Lucky Ones

Update: Lana's new single, West Coast, is currently #3 on iTunes! Congrats to Lana and my current favorite song!


West Coast

But really you should check out her album! She's just perfection.
Comment your favorite singer/celebrity and I might feature them in my next fashion post!

2 comments:

  1. ahh theres one song called brite lights and its not known and its like weirdly good in the lana way (if that makes sense)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I <3 Lana! She is so unique and refreshing. Her lyrics are amazing and her voice is entrancing!

    ReplyDelete